July 27, 2023 - July 30, 2023
Symposium de Sainte-Rose
Every year, this art celebration draws some 25,000 visitors to a charming spot in the Sainte-Rose neighbourhood in Laval, where some 70 painters and sculptors set up their workshops and invite the public to watch them create. The site is readily accessible, just minutes from highways 15, 440 and 640.
This year's Symposium de Sainte-Rose will take place from July 27 to 30. The event will bring together 70 artists to surprise visitors with their painted or sculpted works, in a palette of colors and artistic styles ranging from abstract to figurative.
The public can also visit :
- La Vieille Caserne art gallery and its "La route de notre histoire" exhibition
- The Art Center, where artists from the Rose-Art Corporation exhibit their large-format works.
- An exhibition by Nico Racicot, multidisciplinary artist
- An exhibition in tribute to Yolande Lapalice Daneau and Aline Cyr, two of Rose-Art's founders
Here are just a few of the activities on offer:
- "La bohème", a meeting place for artists and visitors alike
- A "selfie" trail inviting visitors to take their own picture
- An introduction to painting in which the public can participate
All activities are free!
Recreational / Cultural Activities
- Picnic Area