Founded in 1889 by Joseph Bourdeau and Daniel Hatton, the Boating Club of Sainte-Rose was the most renowned nautical club in the region at that time. Located next to the Plessis-Bélair bridge, close to Des Mille-Îles River, the club mostly welcomed English-speaking Montrealers on holiday. The club organized regattas, and host fashionable evenings and gala nights in the Club House.
Nowaday, 125 years later, at the initiative of a Bourdeau (as in 1889) and his group of friends, the Boating Club has been revived! This great project is the result of the collaboration between the co-owners of the Philémon Bar in Old Montreal; Zébulon Perron, designer behind the success of resto-bars like the Grinder, La Buvette à Simone and the Furco; Francis Lorrain of the Boucherie Lorrain in Rosemère, and Gary Sousa, our captain.